Monday, March 12, 2012

First Manual Core Aerator

In my efforts to find ways to garden without the help of an internal combustion engine, I recently purchased this manual core lawn aerator. My first impression was not so good, as it clogged the first run (about 10 punches). Perhaps my soils were too wet, so I will withhold judgement about that for now. Besides clogging, the ergonomics leave some to be desired, especially for taller users, because the bar is not adjustable. Aerating a large lawn --more than a third of an acre-- would be tedious, I think.


This device would be perfect for a 5'6" person with a small lawn. Except for that, I can't consider it a substitute for a motorized lawn aerator, so I'll keep on looking. I'm still holding for a core aerator that attaches to one's shoes like skis! Take a walk, aerate your lawn! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment