Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Pollen

Yesterday, I spent most of my gardening time over-seeding my lower lawn area. The area is somewhat shaded, so it should be able to withstand summer --I hope. And is there enough sun? We shall see. I love the lower garden area. Besides the ruin (our folly),  there is a wood, and a glade, and a garden bench, and trails. It was designed for our children.

The sky was yellow with pollen. I have never seen so much! Then this morning, all the surfaces are dusty just like an old attic, except, that the dust is yellow, and green, and powdery. 
Hello Pinus taeda! How do you do? Oh no, no worries! None at all. Spring is here.


--------
Notes: 


A folly is an artificial structure that is supposed to be interesting. It is different from regular garden art in that it is usually architectural, like a ruin, or fake castle, a tower.


Pinus taeda, also called a Loblolly Pine, is a common tree in piedmont and coastal plain areas of the southeastern United States. I consider it a underrated landscape tree, as many hate it. It is also useful commercially.

No comments:

Post a Comment